please stop reblogging the post pictured above! it is fake! spreading this misinformation is extremely harmful, even life-threatening!
ok i don’t know who the fuck thought creating the post pictured above was a good idea but it is FAKE. tumblr can not do anything if you give them a users url! the last picture is real and what you would really see! Tumblr is not equipped to deal with life threatening situations such as suicide.if you see another tumblr user post about suicide there are other ways to help. if you know where they live, contact the local law enforcement immediately!
if you can’t contact law enforcement let the user know you love them and that they are important and deserve to live! Your words can save a life! also direct them to these resources:
- hotlines to call: link
- hotlines by country: link
- if talking is hard/not an option you can chat instead: link
- Tumblr Suicide Watch is a tumblr run by other users. you can send them a url of a suicidal user and they can try to help, but they are not medical professionals.
- tumblr also has a helpful resources page: link
- this site has great resources for non-emergencies, such as breathing techniques, how to get a therapist, and how to help a friend!! link
there’s too many links and numbers to post individually, but all sites are organized neatly, by illness/situation, and are easy to read and navigate. the links include resources for a variety of mental illnesses and dangerous situations, and are helpful even for people in non-emergency situations!
please reblog and spread this around! and if you know any other helpful resources please add them!